In support of the mission of ASPB, the ASPB Education Foundation was established in 1995 to provide information and education to increase the public’s knowledge about the role of plants in all areas of life.
The Foundation collaborates with the Society on a number of mutually beneficial projects and complements the work of the Society by raising funds and developing programs to bring the latest information on plant biology to the general public. Together, ASPB and its Foundation are the leading source for information and expertise in plant biology education and research.
Building on the expertise of ASPB's members who are the most sought-out experts in the field of plant biology, the Foundation reaches it goals through programs that:
- promote a broad understanding of the importance of plant science in providing an ongoing supply of affordable, high quality food, fiber, and renewable resources;
- provide education on the importance of plants to agriculture, medicine, environment and environmental cleanup, cosmetics, clothing, building and more;
- make available accurate information on the latest developments in GMO crops and biotechnology;
- improve the range of knowledge of school children by increasing the focus on plant science in K-12 curriculum by developing curriculum materials, teacher development and hands-on learning materials;
- encourage young scientists to pursue careers in the growing field of plant biology; and
- increase plant science activities in science museums and discovery centers by developing programs, exhibits, background information, and links to scientists.
Donate | Gift Options
Apply for a Grant
Board of Directors