Play your part in leading plant biology.
Or Sign In to
Membership in ASPB connects you to a world of resources that can make a significant difference in your science, your career, your life.
Open to anyone from any nation who is concerned with the physiology, molecular biology, environmental biology, cell biology, and biophysics of plants, and other related matters.
Through ASPB Membership, you'll gain:
- Access to highest quality scientific content dedicated to plant biology research through publications and meetings
- Opportunity to present research at ASPB's annual meeting
- Access to networking opportunities at the meetings, through the directory, and online
- Access to information on members' scientific interests that can be searched and utilized for collaboration
- Access to a job board that features jobs available and links to general career information thru the Career Center.
- The latest information on people, events, and trends in plant biology through the newsletter, ASPB monthly chatter and hot news announcements
- Opportunities to be recognized for contribution to plant science through yearly awards
- Access to grant opportunities with travel grants, education grants, grants for early career, women, undergraduate
- Access to professional development workshops at meetings
- Support for developing teaching skills through workshops conducted
- Up-to-date teaching modules on various aspects of plant biology
- Materials for use in education outreach to the general public on how plants influence various aspects of society as a whole through the Education Foundation
- Opportunities to serve the broader plant biology community on committees
- Financial incentives for authorship, meetings, purchasing publications, and other products or services
- Small sections (mainly in the US) that allow for smaller gatherings, more presentation opportunities and networking connections, particularly for students
- Connection to advocacy efforts with federal agencies and the U.S.. government toward funding objectives for plant science which also provides expert witness and testimony as needed.
- ASPB supports global initiatives with leadership and financial resources as well.
2013 Rates - Note: Rates are no longer pro-rated
Already a member - read How do I make changes to my membership invoice?
Regular Members $130
Those who work in academia, government, and laboratories, industrial or commercial environments.
Emeritus Members (Dues Free)
Awarded, upon application, to retired persons who have reached age sixty-five and who have been Society members continuously for twenty years or more.
Postdoctoral Associate $65
Those who have received their doctorates and are employed as postdoctoral associates.
Graduate or Undergraduate Student Member $45
Those pursuing a degree in the field at the graduate or undergraduate level.
Give Your Students Roots
Do you have students whose membership you would like to sponsor at a discounted rate? Apply for the Give Your Students Roots discount.
Section Dues: (can be purchased separately in the Online Store)
Mid-Atlantic, Midwestern, Southern and Western Section - All $5.00
Northeastern Regular Member - $5.00; Northeastern Student - $3.00
*Individuals who are in between categories above should select the category they were previously. Those who are fully employed and/or self-employed should select Regular member. If you are unsure, please contact us. Organizations that wish to renew/join members in bulk, you can do so easily by contacting us directly.
ASPB memberships are non-refundable.