Online Registration for child care is now closed.
Please register at the onsite registration desk in Portland.
ASPB is happy to announce that on-site childcare will be provided at Plant Biology 2014. We have contracted with A+ Child Care to be the official childcare provider for 2014. Below is a company bio.
Let us come to you! A+ Child Care to You, established in 2007 is committed to providing high quality and affordable on-site event based child care which promotes play, fitness, and education.
We set up a safe and engaging environment for temporary child care at a variety of events across Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, and the surrounding counties. Our on-site child care service supports parents being able to attend and to be more actively engaged at events such as a conference, workshop, wedding, celebration or a community affair. While we supply all the bells and whistles for the children to have a great time, we ask the host requesting child care to provide the room, tables, chairs, and food.
A+ Child Care to You works exclusively with individuals who pass our thorough screening process and have a passion to learn side-by-side with children, are dependable, and demonstrate professional work ethics. As part of our screening process child care providers:
- Complete a background criminal check
- Provide a minimum of three references related to working with children
- Are 18 years of age and older
- Have a current Food Handlers card
- Complete a face-to-face interview
- Have a current First Aid/ CPR training
- We encourage staff to complete at least eight hours of training around children's development and education each year
To contact A+ Child Care directly, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be two rooms available and children will be divided into age groups as determined byt he child care providers. Activities will be geared toward the needs of each age group and offers children the opportunity to play fun games, engage in physical activity, and learn new skills.
Lets have fun with
- Coloring, water painting, drawing or doodling…
- Crafting with glue to make hats, puppets, robots, space creatures, animal habitats…
- Playing a variety of games such as, Kids Cranium, Chutes and Ladders, Checkers, Twister…
- Enjoying classic games like, duck-duck goose, pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs…
- Building play structures with Legos, Polly Pockets, Thomas Trains…
- Listening to or reading stories that take us into an imaginary world…
- and much more.
Children have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of wonderful art projects. Young artists are encouraged to describe their project and we help them document their words through writing and taking digital photos. The children's special artwork is shown to parents at the end of the event, at which point families get to take it home. We may display art work online only if approved by the parents.
This year, in addition to child care during the meeting sessions, we are planning a Kid's Science Party that will take place during the Opening Reception on Saturday, July 12 from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Make sure to register your child for this exciting party where there will be science related events, goody bags and balloons. (Children are not able to attend the main Opening Reception event in the exhibit hall).
Pre-registration opening in December.